Ceramic structured packing
We developed a ceramic structured packing made of thin-walled ceramic suitable for corrosive or high temperature applications where other materials like metal or plastic are not suitable. The geometrical surface area of the ceramic generates about 450 m2/m3 of surface area, creating a high separation performance. Many columns have been installed with MTE packing and have proven to be very stable and reliable in corrosive environments. The packing can be supplied in a single piece construction for small columns and multi piece constructions for larger inner diameters.
Physical properties ceramic structured packing
|Specific gravity||2.15 – 2.35 g/cm³|
|Water absorption||< 0,5 %|
|Acid resistance||< 4 %|
|Max. operating temperature||1100|
- Absorption systems with most acids or solvents
- In glass or enamelled columns
- Vacuum columns
- Rectification of corrosive mixtures
- Corrosive applications with high demand of theoretical stages and low pressure drop requirements
- High surface area, high number of theoretical stages per meter
- High gas capacity
- Low pressure drop per meter
- Low liquid loads possible
- Very suitable in corrosive applications
We perform hydraulic calculations and advise on process design
Advice on material selection based on chemical and temperature resistance
We possess extensive comparable data, enabling optimizing design efficiency and capacity
Got a mass transfer challenge?
We provide the solution!
Together we achieve optimum performance of your application(s). Please feel free to contact us with any mass transfer related challenge.
+31 10 231 0260
3255 MC Oude-Tonge